Settled.™ is the Insured’s Representative
On the insured’s behalf, we will do the following:
- Communicate with the insured and get their story of what happened. Review the insured’s policy, coverage explanations, limitations and conditions.
- Determine what property or other subject matter in which the insured had an insurable interest; lost, destroyed or damaged.
- Give written notice of loss to each insurer.
- Assist the insured with compliance of policy requirements, as to handling of the property after the loss.
- Facilitate the inspection of the property with the insurer’s representative and make agreements as to it’s handling and preparation.
- Prepare inventory, estimate or statement of value and loss or any account necessary to present claim and deliver copies to the insurer’s claim representative.
- Communicate and negotiate with insurer’s adjuster and work on an agreement of the value, conducive to settlement.
- Arrange for appeals from any adverse position taken by claim representative or his experts.
- In case of hopeless disagreement as to value or loss, make arrangements for appraisal.
- When value and loss have been determined, apply any limiting clauses and if two or more insurers are interested, apportion the loss.
- See that proof of loss is executed and filed with each insurer.
- Recommend to the insured any rearrangement of insurance that will provide better coverage.
- Follow up on the collection of the claim.
- If the insured has any rights of recovery against a third party, advise as to rights and be prepared to cooperate with any lawyer retained to enforce those rights. (Subrogation)